Located in the Santa Cruz Mountains
History of the band PLEYEL
Created in 1807 in Paris, France, Pleyel pianos ahve been manufactured and improved over the years thanks to the contributions of lovers of the brand: Claude Debussy, Frédéric Chopin, Charles Gounod, and many others.
In 1961, Gaveau and Erard were absorbed by Pleyel.
From 1971 to 1994, Pleyel pianos were manufactured in Germany, by Schimmel, based on French plans.
After 1994, production became 100% french again. A new workshop opened in Alès, the south of France, in 1996. In 2007, a new workshop opened in Saint-Denis, Paris, France. In 2013, Pleyel was sold again and production started in China ONLY after this date.